Privacy Guidelines, Community Rules, & Etiquette
Thank you for being part of the Construction Financial Management Association’s (CFMA) Connection Café Community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree that the discussions, files, and content that you share will be relevant for CFMA members. The Café is great for those who need to solicit advice from peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the membership department at firstname.lastname@example.org. To preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals not to promote the products or services that you provide. Commercial messages in discussions, library entries, or elsewhere can be removed if deemed commercial by CFMA. This includes, but is not limited to, links intended to gather leads by collecting email addresses or other contact information in exchange for resources, webinars, etc.
- Use caution when discussing products. The information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
DISCUSSION GROUP ETIQUETTE
- State clearly and concisely the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, change your settings or remove yourself from a community. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. You can update those settings here.
This site is provided as a service for the members of CFMA. CFMA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on the Connection Café by others. We disclaim all warranties concerning information posted on this site, whether posted by CFMA members or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall CFMA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright for such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants CFMA and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
CFMA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, if any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of CFMA, we will take all appropriate action.
CFMA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.